OWCAM CCM CLASS 2019
April 18th and April 19th, 2019 - CLASSES BEGIN AT 8:30 AM
Location - Vial Fotheringham Offices
**PLEASE CLICK LINK BELOW FOR COURSE APPLICATION!!**
Renewal of CCM Designation (every 3 years)
Applicant must complete a minimum of 24 hours of continuing education (CE) to renew the CAM certification. CE hours must be earned as follows:
1. OWCAM CONTINUING EDUCATION: 9 or more of the hours must be earned from attending OWCAM events. These hours shall include a minimum of 6 hours of OWCAM educational events AND can include up to 3 hours of OWCAM non-educational events. 9 or more hours of educational OWCAM events will also satisfy this portion of the requirement. The applicant can apply for credit for hours spent teaching OWCAM courses or speaking at OWCAM educational events.
2. OTHER CONTINUING EDUCATION: 15 of the 24 hours may be comprised of non-OWCAM industry-related continuing education seminars/sessions. These may include CAI educational events/luncheons with speakers on industry topics, sessions given by other industry professionals such as accountants, reserve study experts, attorneys, construction experts, etc. CE credit hours will be awarded for taking CAI’s 200 and 300 level PDMP Classes, as well as other industry related educational events offered by industry organizations like CAI and IREM. Details of the topics of the aforementioned programs must be submitted along with the applicant’s recertification application. Credit hours may be earned for teaching, speaking or attending any Non-OWCAM educational events listed in this section. The applicant may apply to OWCAM for credit for other educational events not specifically listed. In all cases, the OWCAM Board will determine if credit hours are to be awarded.
CCM Renewal cost: $ 50.00
Applicant Must Successfully Complete These:
- CAI’s M100 Course – The Essentials of Community Association Management
- OWCAM’s Legal & Ethics Courses
Courses & Testing:
Applicants will be tested on the material taught during the course “Legal Issues in Community Association Management”. The applicant must attain a grade of 70% to pass this course. Applicants will participate in group discussions of various case studies during the Ethics class. Eligibility for the exam is based upon the applicant attending both courses in their entirety and successful completion of the exam.
If an applicant does not pass the exam on the first attempt, he/she may retake the exam as many as two times (total 3). Retesting musts be completed within one year of the date of the failed test. The applicant is responsible for all costs associated with re-taking the exam. Current retest cost is $50.
Following a 3rd failed attempt to pass the exam, the applicant must retake the courses before setting for the exam again. Prior Board approval will be needed before being allowed to take the exam following a 4th unsuccessful attempt.
Requirements for CCM Application:
- A completed application, including references, must be submitted along with payment of the designated fees by each applicant who registers for the courses.
- Applicant must be at least 21 years of age by the time CCM© designation is issued
- Applicant must consent to a criminal background report .
- Applicant must sign and agree to abide by OWCAM Code of Ethics
- Applicant must continue to work in the community association field as a community manager.
- The initial CCM© certification will be good for a 3-year period
- Subsequent renewals are for an additional 3-year period.
- Cost – $150 includes course materials and background test if application is TBD. Application fee increases to $165 on TBD.Renewal of Designation
Applicant must complete 30 hours of approved continuing education courses prior to the expiration of the certification. Continuing education courses can include CAI events and educational courses, OWCAM events and courses, and other educational programs , such as those presented by vendors or local, state or federal government. Additional credit can be received for teaching OWCAM, CAI or other courses.
Renewal cost: $ 50.00
Reinstating Lapsed Certificate:
If a CCM© designation expires and the applicant wishes to reinstate it, the cost is $225.