OWCAM CCM CLASS
Next Class Spring 2022
Location - TBD
**PLEASE CLICK LINK BELOW FOR COURSE APPLICATION!!**
Obtaining CCM Certification
Applicant Must Successfully Complete These:
- CAI’s M100 Course – The Essentials of Community Association Management
- OWCAM’s Legal & Ethics Courses
Courses & Testing:
Applicants will be tested on the material taught during the course “Legal Issues in Community Association Management”. The applicant must attain a grade of 70% to pass this course. Applicants will participate in group discussions of various case studies during the Ethics class. Eligibility for the exam is based upon the applicant attending both courses in their entirety and successful completion of the exam.
If an applicant does not pass the exam on the first attempt, he/she may retake the exam as many as two times (total 3). Retesting must be completed within one year of the date of the failed test. The applicant is responsible for all costs associated with re-taking the exam. Current retest cost is $50.00.
Following a 3rd failed attempt to pass the exam, the applicant must retake the courses before sitting for the exam again. Prior Board approval will be needed before being allowed to take the exam following a 4th unsuccessful attempt.
Requirements for CCM Application:
- A completed application, including references, must be submitted along with payment of the designated fees by each applicant who registers for the courses.
- Cost – $150.00 (includes course materials)
- Applicant must sign and agree to abide by OWCAM Code of Ethics
- Applicant must consent to a criminal background report.
- Applicant must be at least 21 years of age by the time CCM© designation is issued.
- Applicant must continue to work in the community association field as a community manager.
- The initial CCM© certification will be good for a 3-year period.
- Subsequent renewals are for an additional 3-year period.